Saturday, September 02, 2006

Adobe Photoshop Short Stories-
Inspired by the Menus and
Written by Carl J. Santoro
#3

File>Browse
"Can I help you?" the voice pleasantly inquired before I could actually see her. She walked towards me smiling with red freckles and redder hair. A short woman, very thin in a tight black and white leotardy thing, I know I felt her bright green eyes focus on me as I turned to respond.
She could have been either a helpful clerk or actually the store owner. I never did find out.
"No thank you. I'm just browsing. I know if I walk around, I usually see something that I realize I need."
Her voice gently faded as she glided past me, "Well then, walk on...walk on," and her feet could be heard shuffling like fine sandpaper over these old story-ridden wooden floor boards.
This is a triumphant moment, at least for me, as it strengthens the illusion of limitless, unfettered browsing with the possibility of questions of assistance never to be offered again until perhaps when I place an item on the counter at the check out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these stories! You said that you had already written them and then found an appopriate Photoshop tool to apply to the title? This one is great, I think it is my favorite because how subtley the subject relates to the title.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home