Sunday, August 20, 2006

Popcorn for Breakfast

I just like the title and, quite honestly, it might have some tangential tie-in to the subject matter at hand...which is...Judging a Photo for Contest Quality.

Here are the notes I keep in my shirt pocket when I have been asked to judge photo contests. These have been gleaned from many sources and come down to the bare necessities:

Judging Notes
(All sub-headings are questions to ask yourself)

-CLEAR CENTER OF INTEREST-
IMPACT
What we see first
First Impression
Strong feeling of power
Hold your eye

-COMPOSED WELL-
ARRANGEMENT
Successful
Enhances overall image

-FOCUS AND EXPOSURE-
NEED I SAY MORE?


-TELLS A STORY-
MEMORABILITY
Evokes an emotional response


MORE TO FOLLOW...GOTTA GO TO A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home